Knowledgeable Advice And Training For Your Human Resources Department
The foundation of any strong business is a strong understanding of legal compliance. This is especially true in how employers interact with and manage employees. Everything from payroll practices and classification of employees (i.e., exempt versus nonexempt and independent contractors versus employees) to discrimination awareness programs and the prevention of harassment is connected to labor and employment law issues.
The best thing you can do for your business and for your employees is to properly train your human resources (HR) personnel and employees, whether you are a large organization with a department devoted to employee relations or you are a sole proprietor who handles every aspect of business management.
Work with a lawyer who has more than 30 years of legal experience, is AV Peer Review Rated* by Martindale–Hubbell®, and who offers exceptional human resources consulting and training. Work with Alan Danz at Danz Law, PLLC.
Turn To Us When You Need Questions Answered
We offer short-term and ongoing outside general counsel representation to businesses that want to assure risks are minimized and employment law conflicts are managed appropriately under the law. Our founding and principal attorney Alan Danz works with clients personally, acting more as an extension of their businesses and tailoring legal representation to their specific needs.
We can help you develop, review and amend employee policies and handbooks, and assure that you are acting in accordance with regulations related to:
- Structurally sound employment and payroll practices
- Minimizing the risk of wage and hour disputes
- Properly classifying employees
- Employee safety and adherence to safety regulations (including industry-specific regulations)
- Protecting employee privacy rights
- Proper steps for disciplinary action against employees
- The prevention of a hostile work environment
- Performing internal investigations for claims of discrimination or harassment
- Training employees to identify and avoid discriminatory or harassing behaviors
- Administrative complaints and lawsuits filed against your organization
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claims
- Florida Commission on Human Relations
- Department of Labor investigations
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) investigations
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) claims
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
Providing Personalized Representation
Your business needs will not get lost at Danz Law the way they might when working with larger South Florida law firms. We are extremely responsive to our clients’ needs. We get to know our clients and their businesses and develop lasting relationships with them so they can turn to a team that understands their business goals — both because of our career experience in business management and our willingness to work with our clients one-on-one on a daily basis.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale–Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale–Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale–Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale–Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale–Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.